JQA congratulate Mark Cutifani on his retirement
Mark has been honoured with many awards during the course of his illustrious career in mining, including prestigious Lifetime Achievement Awards.
During Mark’s tenure as CEO of mining organisations, JQA have been privileged to provide services in organisational and people development. We congratulate Mark on his leadership legacy, endorsing the application of industry leading standards, with particular focus on people selection and development. Mark’s response was:
“Thanks John – it has been a great pleasure to work with you and the team.
Our success is as much yours as it is all our partners.”
JQA Social Commitment
Financial and active support of Community Outreach Programmes
JQA review our charitable giving each year at the end of our financial year. This last year we were privileged to work with a number of outstanding charities who are providing community uplift programmes of the highest quality. As Psychologists, we have a deep commitment to early start education, community mental health initiatives and the like.
As a result of client support in regularly using our services, JQA has been able to provide financial and active tangible commitment to charities supporting the most vulnerable in society, particularly in South Africa, where little progress has been made in creating equity or opportunity. In reviewing our performance at the end of our financial year, we are supporting the following charities who do excellent work in the United Kingdom, South Africa, Tanzania, Ecuador, and Peru.
Harrogate Homeless Project. As charity starts at home, there are needs even in affluent societies in North Yorkshire. We support the Harrogate Homeless project on our doorstep which does excellent work responding to the immediate crisis and developing life skills which re-integrate homeless people back into society, giving them a fresh start.
A charity which contributes to mental health and psychological wellbeing, which has been particularly active during the Covid-19 pandemic on “pay as you are able basis.”
IN2OUT A charity which supports the rehabilitation of young offenders.
Artizan International which works at grassroots teaching life skills and creating work opportunities for the mentally and physically “differently abled” people who are often treated as unworthy in less developed countries like Peru, Ecuador and Tanzania. Their artifacts are marketed effectively, creating self-supporting communities.
Knysna Education Trust including the Learning Tree which provides excellent preschool development for under privileged children. As Psychologists we are passionate about helping children to meet their full potential. We deplore the tragedy of lost opportunities to tap into the natural talent of ALL children whose cognitive growth for the first six years of life is of paramount importance in shaping their future careers. The SA government has not yet set this as a priority; hence business needs to adopt the challenge if they hope to contribute to employment equity in the workforce in South Africa in future.
Hands and Heart and Options aiming to eradicate poverty through skills development for school leavers or those who drop out of education. Options provides vital care for victims of rape, abuse or are in the grip of a life crisis because of schoolgirl pregnancies.
St George’s Restoration and Community Outreach Projects. We have contributed to the restoration and maintenance of historic buildings and to the work of the St George’s community in the Western Cape, South Africa.
Leaders in Leadership Assessment and Development
JQ Associates are Business Psychologists and Business Consultants who contribute to developing leadership competence by supporting organisations with expertise in Organisational Development and People Development.
We do so by:
- Identifying the best people for roles in your organisation so that they contribute effectively, develop their potential, and build a legacy which enables clients to be leaders in their sector.
- Obtaining excellent diagnostic data using modern, professional assessment tools to deliver accurate, in-depth profiles on people.
- Giving your business access to acknowledged experts who have the requisite work experience in a range of organisations to design processes for Talent Management, Succession Planning, Competency Frameworks, and Human Resource Management Systems.
- Understanding your unique requirements; linking these to our expertise in the assessment and development of talent, executive coaching and career management services, to ensure future business success.
We are able to guarantee service excellence through bringing together top-quality business consultants who use the best available tools. The application of Business Psychology to the challenge of creating effective, profitable and ethical organisations assumes that science will be applied to identify shortcomings and build on strengths in the organisation. We always use diagnostics and base our work on the thorough analysis of relevant data. We use valid and reliable diagnostics. These include:
- Unique profiling methods which match the abilities of people to the demands of different work environments.
- Measures of personality and temperament such as the Neo Personality Inventory, Hogan Development Survey, OPQ and Values Orientation, which look at the “bright side” and “dark side” of personality.
- Measures which benchmark and profile your leaders and identify their development needs.
- Diagnostic measures such as the Employee Wellbeing Survey, which identify danger areas relating to stress and psychological health of employees.
- Assessment and Development Centres and 360 degree tools built around a competency framework we develop for your organisation.
- Diagnostics such as the Team Climate Inventory enable us to measure strengths and weaknesses in Team Working across the business.
When clients contract with professionals for the delivery of services in executive assessment and development, they want to do so with a party that they can trust to provide a high level of professionalism, continuity, and reliability.
The “Associate Model” for delivering professional services has a number of potential advantages over other commercial company structures when it comes to “Business Continuity”. While one Associate may have the primary relationship with a client, others of equal stature and capability are available to be drawn in to provide services. At the same time, each Associate is a business resource in their own right, responsible for generating revenue, managing their own costs, and delivering services autonomously.
Unlike professional firms which employ a spectrum of junior and senior professionals with high fixed costs such as overheads relating to premises, equipment and staff costs, the Associate model is much more robust at any point in the economic cycle.
Clients who use JQA are assured that they are serviced by highly qualified and experienced professionals. There is less risk of fluctuating service levels or lack of continuity than contracting with companies which are subject to take over, downsizing, deskilling, or disposal.